Medicine in the United States Interest Group (MUSIG)
The Medicine in the United States Interest Group aims to provide Schulich Med students with a network, resources and opportunities specific to studying, working and practicing in the United States.
What kind of things does our club do?
- Share and provide resources relating to the USMLE, US Residency Match and Fellowship programs
- Provide introductory information about visa/licensing requirements
- Study groups for the USMLE
- Lunch talk from a doctor who practices in both Canada and the US!
Our membership has two options:
- MUSIG member (free, access to local Schulich events like any other club)
- AMSA Member ($25/yr payable directly to the AMSA)
Benefits of AMSA membership:
- Exec positions – local/national (AMSA requires club execs to be full members)
- Access to discounts, perk and offers
- Access to virtual and in-person events including conferences, webinars, application to residency sessions, celebrity speakers and more!
- Resources for networking, advocacy, volunteer, program and clinical rotations for international med students across the United States!
- Access to online certificate and scholars programs with different focuses in social medicine (reproductive health, advocacy, global health, trans health, etc)